Friday, September 9, 2011

Road Trip!

On August 29th I became an aunt for the 22nd time.
Meredith and Andrew have a new beautiful little baby girl, Ellis Page.
She is their third child, and her older brother and sister are so excited that she's finally here.
Robin and I decided a few weeks ago to visit Meredith and her family over the Labor Day weekend.
It was just the two of us.
Did you get that detail?
Josh and Brent were single dads for 4 days and 4 nights!
We had a great time together on our long drives to and from,
and we loved spending time with Meredith and her sweet family.
Our poor husbands were trapped indoors the entire weekend because of a tropical storm,
but they managed. 
Peyton is the oldest on Robin's lap, then Brady sitting with his momma, 
and I'm holding teeny tiny Ellis.


Look at all of that hair!


Here we are just before the drive home. 

Now I'm adjusting back to the daily grind, feeling refreshed and soaking up my precious moments with the hubs and kids. On the other hand, I'm suffering withdrawals from Robin and Meredith's company :( I've figured out that no matter where I go, there's always someone I'm missing. C'est la vie.

3 comments:

AmyB said...

I loved catching up on your blog! Such cute kids. Getting rid of the crib is a big day. I remember that feeling. I did a triathlon a few weeks ago. Eric was going to sign us up for the mud race too but I just found out I have to have my tonsils out in a week. Boo! However, you probably will pee your pants but #1 So will every other woman who has born children #2 no one will even notice :) If you decide to train, that cuts down on some of that too. Have fun!!

Dixie said...

Way to go Daddio's! That's hard work. How nice for you two! And how exciting for Meredith and co.!! Yay for babies.

PawPaw & Grammy said...

Aunt to 22? Holy Cow! Going cribless is hard to do, nah. Road trip to Florida kidless, freedom on the highway with wind blown hair. Bet the guys were counting the minutes-seconds 'til y'all got back home. Sweet growing Florida family there.